Monday, November 14, 2011

A Departure From the Norm...

For some unknown and probably unknowable reason, I was inspired today to find examples of some of the worst romance novel covers I've come across in my three years of bookstore service. So, working our way up the ladder...

I wasn't going to include any of the Harlequin series romance covers (they're all pretty bad, but usually it's the titles that are the worst part of a Harlequin cover), but this one pushed it just enough over the top that I had to add it. This is the 5th Runner Up...
 We're getting chiropractic adjustments from our lusty highland lovers now? Meet the 4th Runner Up...

Really, honey? The ship is sinking! Untie the man and let him batten down the mainstay. 3rd Runner Up...
 No self-respecting Viking would end up in this position. This one made the list on principle. 2nd Runner Up...
In the spirit of the season, he stole Santa's boots before heading home. 1st Runner Up...
 Now, sadly, in the midst of all this giggle-inducing badness, I could not find an example of what I consider to be the very worst romance novel cover of all time. So, until I find it, you are stuck with the runners up. Take heart though; I'm still searching, and I won't give up until I can present the Grand Prize Winner here in my humble blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment