Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Things You Do For Love

I've been quite busy with film projects over the last two weeks, and I've still got a bit more to go before this weekend. After 5 hours in the makeup chair on Sunday...


...and 14 hours in heels on the set of "Carol" in Cincinnati on Tuesday, I'm still a bit sleepy.

Thing is, I couldn't keep doing this if I didn't love it. 14 hours standing about on set can get deadly boring, and 5 hours in a makeup chair covered in paint and latex (and in a corset that doesn't quite fit right) can't be everyone's idea of fun. Still, you'll never see me willingly leave my bed before dawn for anything other than the chance to be in front of a camera.

I think that's how I know I'm in love. I break my hermit patterns, I get up early, I stay out late, I dress like I want to be seen... It's just that I'm not in love with any person right now; I'm in love with my avocation (and trying to make it my vocation). When you find the right one (whether it be a person, a job, a house, whatever it is), things begin to shift in your life. I haven't found "the right guy" yet, but I know I've found "the right profession" and I'm loving every minute of my time in this life.

I'll be in front of cameras twice more before this weekend, then I'm taking the weekend itself for some much needed time in the garden. I'm looking forward to sleeping in for the first time in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment