Saturday, April 19, 2014

Film Speak, Autumn Moon, and Bringing up Baby

This has been a crazy busy couple of weeks, between auditions, fittings, rehearsals, and filming. The good news is that being busy is a very good thing!

I filmed for three days on a student film at CCAD (Columbus College of Arts & Design), and I'm gearing up to film another CCAD film tomorrow. I got a call offering me a role in a short film shooting in Cincinnati next weekend, and another call asking me to drive down and be an extra for a day on "Carol" (the Cate Blanchett movie shooting in Cincinnati) next week.

In the middle of all this, my friend Lana sent me a message telling me that one of the guests lined up for her Dayton Public Access show "Film Speak" had cancelled, and would I like to fill the spot and plug some of my current projects? Of course!


So, I got up this morning, put on something cute, and drove out to Dayton. They were shooting several episodes today, so I ran into a lot of people I've worked with before, and a lot of people I've been hoping to work with.



Author Brian Dobbins and I chatted quite a bit before and during our segments. I've heard so many people in the film community talk about Brian, so it was great to finally meet him!

This was a nice leisurely bit of filming with very fun discussion about Brian's books and my current projects. I got to talk about working with the Heroes Alliance, and got to plug Autumn Moon and mention the Kickstarter campaign. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/323811890/autumn-moon

I think the part everyone was most excited about was the prospect of practical effects over CGI. With a homemade werewolf complete with a hinging jaw, this wolf promises to be the scariest beast on the screen since "An American Werewolf in London"!


For our second segment, we talked about the classic film "Bringing up Baby." Discussing Katherine Hepburn is always fun for me, since I've always looked up to her as an actress, and "Bringing up Baby" is easily one of my very favorite comedies of the period. I'll post the link when the episode of "Film Speak" airs so you can watch for yourself! Lana and Bill run a fun show, so give it a watch even when I'm not on ;)

There is so much more going on in Ohio than most people realize. Independent artists across a number of fields are not only surviving, but thriving in this market, and I'm so pleased and proud to be working here with so many wonderful and talented people (and wolves).

Now, I'm off to spend some time with my family!
Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment